Sunday, January 22, 2012

You've Got a Friend

As I came up with this title I am quickly escaping in the corners of my mind. I am sipping a great glass of Merlot, sitting in front of a fire and listening to James Taylor. Aaaaahhh, now that's relaxing to me! Yet, in reality, I am hearing my Faithful boys argue about who gets to fall down next and who gets to do the pushing...not even joking about that, they are seriously doing this. Oivay!

Everyone has stress. Everyone has trials and obstacles. You either tread the proverbial water or you sink. I'm a floater not a sinker, and I want you to stay afloat as well. Yes - I am talking to YOU!!

First, let me start with why I want to help. I am always allowing myself to be guided by the Holy Spirit. And my awesome Heavenly Father tells me to help by my words, and my works. 'What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them, 'Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill', and yet you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead.' (James 2:14-17...but please pick up a Bible and read the rest of that chapter 2!!!)

I have said before I have been blessed to feel God's unconditional love. I yearn for more!!! I want you all to feel that same feeling. I was watching a documentary the other night about natural beauty of the world and someone said that when God created the world, he forgot to give us the ability to describe some of the wonders with words...this is how I feel about being filled with the Holy Spirit - it is indescribable and awesome and fearless and love.

When we go through difficult times, we look to our family or perhaps our friends for support, which is great! We should live in a community of people we trust! Sometimes God works through those trusted people to help someone through difficult times. I feel I'm being driven to do just this right now. I hope the person this is intended for knows how much I love them and pray they can let go and allow God to fill them with the Holy Spirit.

One of my favorite pieces of scripture is this: 'No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.' (1 Corinthians 10:13) Oh how I love this quote! I take this as, God will test us to our limits of what we can handle, and when we allow Him control He will give us that relaxed feeling!! It's hard to offer your stress and worries to someone else. But when we really truly tell God, "I offer this up to You because I need it gone from my body." He will take it. God does not want to see us suffer. His only Son suffered and died for ALL of us (even those who choose not to believe it)...He doesn't want anymore suffering. But He also gave us choice and free will. It depends on us how we choose to use it. Offer your stress up. Say prayers, have a conversation with God, yell at Him if you need to! He will and does take it! He is our loving Father, He wants to see us happy and succeeding in life! And to be successful does not always have to be about money (just want to throw that in here).

Pray that you have the strength to overcome even the most difficult times. Leave it to God to lead you in the right direction even if it seems like it may be taking you upstream and against the current. Trust in Him that He will never let you falter if you keep your faith in Christ. Never feel abandoned because you are never alone.

"Make me know Your ways O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth, and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation, for You I wait all day long." (Psalms 25:4-5)

Make your day a faithful one and take some time to relax. Xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment