Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Who We Are Defines Us...Who Are You?

In this land of internet waves and seas of profile pics, jumping comments that let us know when Jane has arrived at the grocery store and how far along Allison is in pregnancy, who are we? We can't really (and I mean REALLY) know 300 people, can we?



What happened to face to face conversation in lieu of texting?

What happened to picking up the phone and actually talking?



I try look for the good in everyone...even if they judge me and see no good in me. I have reminded myself that when someone is judging me but never calls or talks to me, all they know me from are my facebook posts...or other people talking about me. How sinful are we as humans that we could do this to each other? I am at fault with gossip and false witness as well. I try not to, but sometimes that devil is tricky.

'A false witness will perish, but a good listener will testify successfully.' (Proverbs 21:28)

I think this passage is very powerful for all of us...even those that do not feel the same about Christianity can attest how they feel when being talk about by someone who really does not know them.

When we get to REALLY  know each other, we see people in a different light.


"I didn't know how much I had in common with Sue."

"Wow, James is so different than I am, I'd like to learn more about our differences!"

Yet, even sometimes, the people whom we should be closest to are complete strangers! How is this possible? How could that happen? People grow up, live different lives and start families of their own. Sometimes it is hard for us as humans to be outgoing for others in a time where life is passing us by with diaper changes, sleepless nights, teething, soccer games, Sunday Mass, marriage. Sometimes we have to be the person to start. Who are you thinking of while reading this? Pick up the phone and call them; better yet, go over to their home and talk face to face if you can! Xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment