Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reflected in His image

As I approach childbirth, I am reflecting more on my Savior, Jesus Christ. If you don't know me personally, I pray at least one rosary a day. Yesterday, as I prayed and meditated on the Sorrowful Mysteries, Mama Mary revealed to me how we women are truly a mirror of His image! 

Praise God for allowing the Heavenly Queen to visit me and guide me to her Son's Sacred Heart! I now know how we are reflected in His image as women...a true femininity that is wholesome and loving in a way only God can reveal to us through His Holy Spirit!! 

If you are pregnant and want to try this, I highly suggest trying new forms of meditation to keep your focus on Jesus through childbirth. 

Here's my take - Mr. Faithful will be reciting the mysteries with my reflection as well, then I plan to pray with him each decade as well as I can. I hope this brings me comfort and helps me focus on Jesus rather than the pains of labor.

The First Sorrowful Mystery: The Agony in the Garden


Heavenly Father, You created woman in Your image uniquely during childbirth. Mirrored in Jesus' suffering, we ask that You reveal to this woman how much You love her during her pain and suffering.

Like Jesus' agony in the garden, she knows fully well what she will undergo as this labor progresses. Help her through with Your mercy and love.

(Recite 1st decade)

The Second Sorrowful Mystery: The Scourging at the Pillar


Sweet Jesus, You accepted Your Father's will in spite of knowing the pain You would endure. The hurtful blows were unbearable, yet You were strong enough to take these waves of horrific pain through Your trust and love of Your Father.

Give this woman the strength to withstand the waves of contractions especially when they feel unbearable. Help her to know and trust in You, Jesus, that these waves are but a small sacrifice for God's greater glory.

(Recite 2nd decade)

The Third Sorrowful Mystery: The Crowning with Thorns


Although nothing could compare to Jesus' crowning with thorns, as this woman feels her precious child crowning, help her to remember Jesus' pain as she feels the "ring of fire" and help her to offer this pain as a sacrifice and mortification for what our Lord endured. 

(Recite 3rd decade)

The Fourth Sorrowful Mystery: The Carrying of the Cross


Jesus, Your cross was so heavy to carry. You carried the sins of the world on Your shoulders. Thank You, sweet Jesus, for taking this burden. As this laboring woman feels the heavy pains of her child entering the world, help her to be humbled and silent. Help her to know this is all for Jesus Christ.

(Recite 4th decade)

The Fifth Sorrowful Mystery: The Crucifixion 


For love of us, dear Jesus, You gave Your last precious breath on that cross. We thank You for carrying this woman through childbirth. Help her to reflect on the death of her pain and continue in thanksgiving for Your unending mercy. 
___________________________________

I also plan to use an amazing litany that a fellow blogger wrote. Here's My Feminine Mind's link:


She's a fellow Elizabeth Minister and an amazing writer! My husband will be reciting each saint while I focus on the "pray for us" parts. ;)

I have come to a place in my spirituality and my love for Christ that I want this labor to be all for Him. I plan to receive the Eucharist and pray pray pray!!! I'm blessed to have Mr. Faithful by my side as my partner and he is fully on board with my wishes for what I hope to be my best birth. 

All for God, I offer myself and my child. I pray for a healthy precious child of God and I promise to raise him or her to fall in love with Christ just as my other children are. 

Thank You, sweet Jesus, for Your unending love for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment