Thursday, May 24, 2012

Transformation

"One night the Lord said to Paul in a vision, 'Do not be afraid, but speak and do not be silent; for I am with you, and no one will lay a hand on you or harm you, for there are many in this city who are my people." (Acts 18:9-10).



This passage reminds me of the most powerful spiritual moment I have experienced in my short life. I have been thinking more about that feeling lately and yearn for it all the time! For those who have never felt the unafraid, completely trusting, and full love of Christ, I will pray you, too, will be filled with the Holy Spirit. It is a feeling, I believe, we will all feel once we are called to our real home.

If you would like to read my experience you can do so here: http://faithfulmamadiary.blogspot.com/2011/11/we-are-called.html

This last month has been life changing for my husband and me. We have a higher level of spirituality that I honestly did not think we would achieve! We have been together for just about 10 years; the last 6 we have made such a difference. Not only making a difference individually, but in our marriage, our parenting, friendships and our lifestyle.



You would never guess it now if you did not know me back then, but just 6 years ago I was a heavy smoker (2 packs a day), heavy drinker (the bartenders knew me by name and drink), blasphemer, liar, I never attended Sunday Mass, and basically denied most of the Ten Commandments. I have LOTS of work to do. I am still very much a sinner....but now I strive to notice my sins and correct them to please my God. I love my Father and want to make Him proud!!!

Are you spiritual?

Are you religious?

Jesus wants us to be BOTH. He gave the Apostles (our very first pope, priests & bishops) the Church and the Last Supper was the very first Mass! You can read about that more here: http://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/churb1.htm

Mr. Faithful and I attended our very first Charismatic Healing Mass last week. It was AWESOME!! Out of the ordinary for us, so to be honest we were a little weirded out at first. But WOW!!

We experienced the Gift of Tongue twice during the Mass. I wasn't sure if it really was, but I did feel faint both times it happened. We were standing and I had to grab the pew. I felt almost nauseated I guess the word would be? I cannot explain it. It was very strange, but in an amazing way!

It just so happens the next one is on the morning of our anniversary. Hmmmmm, ok God we are listening!!!

During the Healing Mass, the priest spoke of "invoking the Spirit" and "becoming children of God". Sound familiar? That is because my last blog was about those two particular phrases...only thing is, I wrote that a week before the mass!!!

You can reread that post here:  http://faithfulmamadiary.blogspot.com/2012/05/invoke-spirit-invade-my-heart.html

I am telling you, something INCREDIBLE is happening to me!! I thought I was faithful before, but now that I ask Jesus to invade my heart every morning, I am transformed!! I can see through Christ's eyes much easier now!!

Allow God to take FULL control and open your heart to Jesus. Do not resist. The results are AMAZING!

Have an incredibly Faithful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment