Saturday, February 4, 2012

With Age Comes.........Patience

As I am writing this I can hear my three Faithful Boys snoring away. I wonder what they are dreaming? I am grateful for this silence as it's never seeming quiet in my home. I have learned over the years to be quiet...now I'm not saying I am - trust me, I'm the first to admit I'm pretty loud!! But, in another sense, I have learned to bite my tongue. This is very hard for me at times because I am so darned hard headed (some have called me too opinionated, but I don't' think anyone can have too many opinions).


Those that know me could probably back me in saying I have changed as I age. But isn't that what life is all about? Trying to reach our best potential. I try my best to be a good Christian. And for me, to be silent and to have patience is what is necessary to reach my goal. What goals do you have? Are you aware of what needs to be done? Are you striving for that 'perfection'?

Sometimes we fall. Sometimes we become stuck in a rut and cannot get ourselves out...but when we have a community to pull us out, it makes life so much better! Who is your community?


God loves all of us. Whether we are Baptist, Muslim, Catholic, Atheist, or Agnostic. I am sure it hurts Him if we do not have our faith put in Him...but regardless of how we feel toward Him, He will ALWAYS love us no matter what. He is the reason why I strive for that 'perfection'. He is why I am more silent now. In my silence to the outside world, I am talking to my Heavenly Father! And now that I am more silent, I can listen better to the needs of others. It is amazing how God works!! If we were all just a little more silent...and a lot more patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment