Thursday, November 10, 2011

Dr. Seuss had it right

Last night I was reading a bedtime story to my boys as always. We picked one of my absolute favorites from my childhood, Horton Hears a Who. I've read this book millions of times and love the "A person's a person, no matter how small." phrase. I believe that! However, as I read it last night, this quote struck and stuck with me till now,

'This,' cried the Mayor, 'is your town's darkest hour!
This time for all Whos who have blood that is red
To come to the aid of their country!' he said.
'We've GOT to make noises in greater amounts!
So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!'

Wow! No truer words, especially spoken from the perspective of an unborn baby's point of view! How many of you have ever looked at your child after giving birth, even while giving birth, and say, "THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS LITTLE MIRACLE!!!"? Now, out of all of you who've said that or something similar, how many of you are pro-choice? How many of you believe it's a woman's body and that up to a certain point in pregnancy that it is not a baby? This is our 'town's' darkest hour. So many innocent lives being taken from their mother's womb, their sanctuary. So many standing idly by while their loved ones make a grave decision to have an abortion. Did you know that by 6 weeks of pregnancy, the baby's brain and nervous system is already developing and the heart is beating? Now, I'm no doctor, but both the brain and nervous system help us to feel, right? So, wouldn't that mean that having an abortion the baby would feel the pain of being killed? *Not going into details of how they are performed, I hope you get my point.* And, if the baby has a heartbeat at just 6 weeks that can be detected, how is this not murder? Some have not even realized they are pregnant until 10-12 weeks!! Let's see, at 10 weeks pregnant, 

By week 10, all of your baby's vital organs have been formed and are starting to work together. 
As external changes such as the separation of fingers and toes and the disappearance of the tail takes place, internal developments are taking place too. 
Tooth buds form inside the mouth, and if you're having a boy, his testes will begin producing the male hormone testosterone. 
Congenital abnormalities are unlikely to develop after week 10. 
This also marks the end of the embryonic period — in general, the embryo now has a distinctly human appearance and starting next week your baby will officially be considered a fetus.
(taken from http://kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_center/pregnancy_calendar/week10.html)

Another wow for me! And most women choose to have this horrible act performed around week 10 of pregnancy!! Now, this is all my personal opinion...if you don't agree that is fine, I will pray for you to have a change of heart.
 
But what about rape or for the life of the mother if it's at stake? As for my family, Mr. Faithful and I have made a decision that could drastically change our lives. We pray to God for good outcomes during pregnancy and birth. We've been blessed 3 times, THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER!! We have made the decision that, God forbid, anything should ever happen to me, our child comes first. We leave it in God's hands because it is His Will we abide by for everything. And as for rape, why punish the child for something they had no control over? So much innocence lost every time a baby is taken from their mother's womb too early, taken from this earth too early. I can just picture the sadness in Jesus' eyes when a woman chooses to terminate a pregnancy that God allowed her to have. It is such a blessing from God to become pregnant, yet so many take it like an ungrateful child at Christmas. No thanks, no gratitude, no acknowledgement of something bigger than ourselves at work. In Jeremiah, it states, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." (1:5). Furthermore, "I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have sent before you life and death, blessing and curse; therefore, choose life, that you and your descendants may live." (Deuteronomy 30:19).
 
If you are considering an abortion for any reason, or if someone you know is, please do not stay silent. Please reconsider. Ask for an ultrasound before making a terrible choice. If you truly cannot have a baby, choose adoption! I have a couple waiting feverishly for a child through adoption. There is always a way if we all choose life.
 

Prayer to End Abortion

Lord God, I thank you today for the gift of my life,
And for the lives of all my brothers and sisters.
I know there is nothing that destroys more life than abortion,
Yet I rejoice that you have conquered death
by the Resurrection of Your Son.
I am ready to do my part in ending abortion.
Today I commit myself
Never to be silent,
Never to be passive,
Never to be forgetful of the unborn.
I commit myself to be active in the pro-life movement,
And never to stop defending life
Until all my brothers and sisters are protected,
And our nation once again becomes
A nation with liberty and justice
Not just for some, but for all,
Through Christ our Lord. Amen!
Written by Priests for Life


 

No comments:

Post a Comment